The selectee will serve as a Personnel Research Psychologist in the HR Research and Assessment Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Developing special-purpose tests and related instruments for application to specific and general examining needs.
- Conducting studies to determine the predictive effectiveness of existing tests for specific occupations.
- Performing responsibly in all phases of the research process, including problem definition, planning, execution, analysis, interpretation, and reporting results.
- Determining the proper interpretation and use of research findings and identifying implications to workforce initiatives; developing new approaches, methods, techniques, and hypotheses related to assigned projects and developing data collection plans for testing before use in large scale data collection programs.
- Ensuring mandated DHS laws, rules, and regulations are properly assessed for potential impact on Human Resources programs.