Specialized Experience: To qualify at the CN-53, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the CN-52 level in the Federal service (For aualification purposes, the CN-52 level is broadly equivalent to the GS-12 level). For this position, specialized experience is described as experience that demonstrates: 1) ability to address and resolve allegations under investigation; interview potential subjects and third party witnesses; 2) examine, analyze, and collect evidence, and preserve its chain-of-custody; 3) compile and analyze documents; utilize various investigative techniques to corroborate information and establish interrelationships of facts and evidence; 4) investigate sensitive or complex issues involving alleged or suspected offenses, such as violations of consumer protection laws and regulations; 5) and coordinate or assign tasks of assisting investigators, special agents, analysts, or administrative support personnel.
In addition to the experience reflected at the CN-52 level, 6) experience must demonstrate comprehensive working knowledge of investigative techniques surrounding civil, administrative, and/or regulatory compliance; 7) conducting complex investigations of a sensitive nature; 8) and independently completing written investigative reports; 9) and serving as a witness in support of litigating cases.
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions;
3. Required supporting documents;
4. Writing Sample
5. Cover letter (preferred).
Note: If a cover letter is submitted, it may be used to assess your qualifications.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the experience required for this position.
You may be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum qualifications required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we may rate you as ineligible.
To ensure you receive full consideration, please make sure that your application package fully describes your experience as it relates to this position. In responding to the narrative questions, please take the opportunity to expand on your background and experience to ensure we can accurately assess your qualifications against the position’s requirements. Failure to respond to the narrative questions or simply stating “refer to resume” may result in an overall lowering of your score.
2. Rating: If you meet the minimum qualification requirements, you will be further assessed by a Panel of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on your possession of the following technical qualifications:
• FACTOR 1: Experience and skill in planning, organizing, and conducting investigations related to alleged or suspected offenses.
• FACTOR 2: Experience and skill in examining, analyzing, and collecting evidence, and preserving its chain of custody, to support a legal theory, including interviewing witnesses and conducting research using specialized databases to support a legal theory or investigation, and writing reports, summaries and other written materials.
• FACTOR 3: Experience and skill in performing financial investigations and financial research.
• FACTOR 4: Experience and skill overseeing investigations involving a large number of witnesses or victims.
Category rating procedures will be used to rank and refer eligibles. You will be assigned a score based on the assessment methods described above. Your score will determine in which of the three categories you will be placed: Categories A, B, or C. Under this process, veterans will be assigned to the appropriate category (without additional preference points) and then placed at the top of their category.
Your resume will be among the factors used in setting your pay, should you be made an offer of employment. Please ensure that it fully describes your experience as it relates to the position for which you are applying. Please also provide current salary information.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.