Your application includes your:
2. Responses to the online questions, and
3. Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You will be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we will rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
Ability to perform the work of a Motor Vehicle Operator without more than normal supervision. (Screen Out)
Operation of Motor Vehicles
Motor Vehicle Maintenance;Work practices (includes keeping things neat, clean, and in order)
Work Practices and Communication Skills; Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation)
Ability to Drive Safely
Your application will be rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the duties of this position. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must receive a rating of at least 85 out of 100 to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process.
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
In order to be found minimally qualified for this position, applicants must have demonstrated experience in having routinely performed the duties of a Heavy Vehicle (Van/Bus) operator as listed below,for more than one year without more than normal supervision, or have experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties as listed below without more than normal supervision.
- Operating the vehicle over predetermined routes to arrive at and depart from pick-up and discharge points at scheduled times; on long and short runs, over public roads and at highway speeds.
- Working independently, handling the controls for starting, stopping backing, shifting while driving the vehicle; judging overhead and side clearances, turning radius, and braking distance from the preceding vehicle.
- Independently assisting with loading, unloading, and overseeing the security of passengers.
- Understand and applying safely rules and State/local rules and regulations for bus operation; using defensive driving techniques.
- Performing routine, general maintenance and cleaning of Van/buses.
- Working in a Van/Bus office; writing reports, setting schedules, and charting routes.
- Scheduling maintenance and repairs; recommending acquisition of new equipment.
Notes: Applicants must score at least 2 out of 4 possible points on the screen out element in order to be minimally qualified for this vacancy.