The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date.
The Veterans Affairs, Office of Inspector General provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Step 1 - Create or Upload a Resume with USAJOBS (www.usajobs.gov). We suggest you go to the end of the Qualifications & Evaluations section of the job announcement to preview the online questions that you will answer. You may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Resume Tips.
Step 2 - Apply Online Click "Apply Online."
You will be directed to USAJOBS where you must select a resume. If you have documents uploaded to USAJOBS, you may select those you wish to submit as well.
After selecting a resume (and documents, if applicable), click "Apply for this position now!" and follow the prompts to register (if you haven't already done so), answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. You will have the opportunity to submit documents via 3 different options: 1) download from USAJOBS, 2) upload from your computer, or 3) fax.
You can update your application or documents anytime while the announcement is open. To do so, log into your USAJOBS account and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select "Apply Online" to continue.
TO BE CONSIDERED ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Resume - Make certain that your resume fully addresses your qualifications for this position. Resume Tips.
- An SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, which shows you have competitive civil service status (Required only if you are NOT a current VAOIG competitive service employee). Indicate in your resume your highest permanent grade held. If this grade is different from your current grade, please submit an additional SF-50 showing the highest grade level held; OR, if eligible under a special appointment authority, submit proof of that appointment eligibility.
- A Form OF-306 - Declaration for Federal Employment Form MUST be completed and included with your package for you to receive consideration for this vacancy. (Note: This form is NOT required for current VAOIG competitive service employees.)
- A copy of your most recent completed annual performance appraisal that shows the final rating. If you have not received or are unable to submit a performance appraisal, please submit a statement clearly explaining why in your application.
- If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed under the Qualifications and Evaluations section, you MUST submit a copy of your transcript(s) designating semester or quarter hours earned or a course listing in the appropriate job specific question showing the type of information that appears on a transcript such as course title, department, hours earned (semester or quarter), and grade to ensure proper credit. All academic degrees and course work must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- Foreign Education: If you are qualifying based on foreign education, submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency; for more information, Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may lose consideration for this position (or lose the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION
CTAP/ICTAP PROOF OF ELIGIBILITY
- VAOIG employees are encouraged to submit a current SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action.
- A list of awards received while employed with the Federal Government, if applicable. DO NOT send copies.